Reopening Our Response
Updated Cleaning Protocols and Policies
When you go on vacation, you expect the rental property to be squeaky clean. From new bathroom products to tightly made beds, and fresh-scented kitchens — we get it. We expect the same thing. We have always maintained extremely stringent cleaning protocols with an in-house housekeeping staff, because we want to ensure a thorough disinfection of each property. Yet, with the recent pandemic, we’ve made some updates.
Our primary goal is the safety and health of our employees and guests. So, we started with research. We spoke with representatives of the CDC, the WHO, and the Telluride Medical Center. We listened and discovered approved products and techniques from the EPA to effectively disinfect COVID-19, and other viruses.
Modified cleaning procedures
Our housekeepers will now:
- Use approved CDC procedures to sanitize and disinfect our properties
- Wear masks and gloves at all times, and wear, remove and dispose of them properly
- Have their temperature taken daily, and stay home should they exhibit any COVID-19 symptoms
- Use a COVID-19 cleaning checklist that focuses on high-touch surfaces like door knobs, cabinet pulls and remote controls to ensure each clean is 100% compliant
- Use an EPA-registered disinfectant spray that will destroy bacteria and viruses on soft items like pillows, mattresses and cloth couches
- Continue to use EPA-approved cleaning products to wipe down surfaces
We’ve also updated other policies, because we strive to further minimize contact and limit potential exposure.
- Guests will now strip their own beds, and place the linens in a provided bag
- Guests will remove all their own trash and recycling prior to departure
- All extra in-home linens and throw blankets will be stored away
- Mid-stay cleans will no longer be provided, unless you’re here for more than 14 days. Please request the details
- Property Managers will no longer be meeting and greeting guests
- We will continue to stock ample cleaning products, disinfectant wipes, and hand sanitizer in the properties
- We will no longer be leaving communal items like pens and notepads in each home
With these necessary adjustments, we hope guests feel safe in our properties and have confidence that everything has been properly cleaned. Because it’s way more fun to worry about which hikes to take, or where to eat while you’re here.More Reopening >