Telluride Colorado Ski Town USA Activities
Once a sacred hunting ground for the Ute Indians, turned mining town, Telluride is now a world renowned summer and winter destination of the southwest.
FESTIVALS & EVENTS
ATTRACTIONS AROUND TOWN
- Telluride Regional Airport (TEX) - Highest Commercial Airport in U.S. Only (5) five miles from town.
- Telluride Ski Resort & Championship Golf Course
- Telluride Gondola (Kid Approved!) - Ride for FREE! 7a.m. to Midnight. Closed during offseasons.
- Telluride Heli Trax Colorados only helicopter ski company.
- Telluride Adaptive Sports Program
- 4X4 Tours - Imogene Pass, Tomboy Road | Black Bear Pass | Ophir Pass | Last Dollar Road | Alta Lakes Ask for outfitters we recommend
- Horseback Riding (Kid Approved!) - Ride with Roudy - 970-728-9611 - Great experience! Winter riding and sleigh rides available.
- Fishing - Private Water |San Miguel River | Dolores River | Trout Lake | Miramonte Resevoir | Uncompaghre River Pa-co-chu-puk Ask for outfitters we recommend
- Bike Tours (Kid Approved!) - Galloping Goose 14 miles, mostly downhill on Galloping Goose Rail Grade. - Ask for outfitters we recommend
- San Juan Hut Systems - Mountain Bike, Ski/Nordic & Destination Hut Adventures
- Telluride Historical Museum (Kid Approved!) - Museum & Telluride afoot walking tours.
- Michael D. Palm Theatre (Kid Approved!) - Bringing performing arts to Telluride and Southwest Colorado.
- Sheridan Opera House - Built in 1913 240 seat intimate theatre.
- Wilkinson Public Library (Kid Approved!) - 5 Star Rated
- Telluride Academy (Kid Approved!) The largest outdoor enrichment & adventure program in Western Colorado
- Ah Haa School for the Arts (Kid Approved!) Classes for kids and adults
- The Rock and Roll Academy (Kid Approved!)
- San Juan Outdoor School Telluride Adventures full insured USDA Forest Service permitted outfitter.
- KOTO Community Radio Station Radio almost like the professionals.
- Telluride Town Park Playgrounds | Ball Fields | Fishing Pond |Disc Golf Course | Tennis | Horse Shoes | Ice Skating | Nordic Trails
- Mountain Village Nordic Trails
- Bridal Veil Falls & Power Plant (Colorados longest free falling waterfall at 365 feet)
- Ames Colorado Hydro Power Station (world's first generating station to produce and transmit alternating current)
- Tomboy Road & Town of Tomboy
- Galloping Goose Trail Railroad grade; scenic and great for novice riders and families.
- Bear Creek Falls
- Jud Wiebe Trail & Cornet Creek Falls
- Ingram Falls
- Idarado Legacy Trail Plaques with historical information guide this trail from Telluride Town Park to the end of the box canyon.
- San Miguel River Trail Walking and riding bikes
- San Sophia Nature Center At the top of the Gondola
- Sneffels Highline Wilderness Area
- Lizard Head Wilderness Area
- Wasatch Trail Loop
- Highest concentration of 14,000 peaks in the state, 4 in total 1. Mt. Wilson 14,246 2. El Diente Peak 14,159 3. Mt. Sneffels 14,150 4. Wilson Peak 14,017
- Blue Lakes
- Silver Lake
- Trout Lake
- Hope Lake
- Priest Lake
- Alta Lakes
- San Juan & Uncompahgre National Forest
- San Juan Skyway 260 mile historic bypass & loop
- Mesa Verde National Park
- Anazazi Heritage Center
- Four Corners Point where Colorado, Utah, Arizona and New Mexico meet.
- McPhee Recreation Area
- Historic Town of Ouray - Called the "Little Switzerland" of Colorado.
- Ouray Hot Springs
- Orvis Hot Springs
- Wiespaden Hot Springs
- Ridgway State Park & Reservoir
- Town of Silverton & Silverton Mountain Ski Area
- Durango Silverton Narrow Gauge Railroad
- Trimble Hot Springs, Durango
- Dunton Hot Springs
- Unaweep/Tabequache Scenic Byway
- Canyon of the Ancients National Monument
- Hovenweep National Monument
- Ute Tribal Park
- Moab, Utah 2 hours 15 minutes from Telluride, one-way.
- Arches National Park
- Canyonlands National Park